sobota, 5 kwietnia 2014

Well, I think in that movie, Hannibal costume was inspired by Hungarian non-repica. They're very similar. Choreography too. Original costume it's better because colors are nicer, but in the movie, costume it's good too. Matter of taste.

In the movie, dressing-gown it's beautiful. I really like it, but I can't understand, why Christine going in the same underwear with foreign man? They could give her normal underskirt, without this slit at leg. Emmy/Christine in movie has only 16/17 years. I know that in this epoch, 16 years woman was adult, but for the sake of decency... Nineteenth-century young lady shouldn't going dressed like this. 

This is what I don't understand. Christine is in the same underwear (yes, corset is underwear) with another man (!!!) and in addition outside. It's snowing. It's cold. So what? Christine must dressed up just a coat covered just her back. She's singer btw, she will maybe sick, if she still going in this outfit. 
In original musical, Christine has Countess costume and I love it. She looks in this nicely, and it all makes sense. I definitely don't like this movie costume.

I really hate this costume. Really, really hate. Why? Because, crinolines were worn to 1860. In movie is 1872 (am I right?). They mistook years. Anyway, original WYWSHA/Notes  dress is very beautiful, and I think, that they could use this costume, instead invent something new and not matching btw. I general don't like crinoline, so only more bothers me that dress. 
Christine looks like she was dressed in the same underskirt. Again.

Well, this dress is nice. Really. But she's again is poorly dressed. It's snowing, and Christine has ample cleavage. I like the idea of clothes Christine in black colors a sign of mourning. She hasn't the red scarf. Shame, I like it, but in the movie, Raoul didn't say about it, so I wasn't surprised, that they don't gave it her.

PONR costume is pretty...but not in this opera, not in this movie. She doesn't looks like Aminta but...like Carmen? I really prefer original dress. It's much nicer. 

Wedding dress it's ok. I much more will original costume, but in the movie it's good. In my opinion, this dress doesn't fit into this epoch. And it's a copy dress for 1990 movie. Teri Polo wore the same costume, but it wasn't wedding dress and just a normal outfit.

Summing it all, I think the original Christine's costumes are much better for that. Some dresses are nice, but there don't fit for this musical. And of course, they have a problem with original epoch costume. In theatre, everything is perfectly designed by Maria Bjornson. Well, they could use original.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz